Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Onest Upon a Time...

You read that right.

Tonight, after the kids and I had our family home evening and I had tucked them both in bed, my two year old daughter came to me in my bedroom (as I was working on homework) and she said:

"Daddy, I want to tell you a bedtime story. Onest upon a time, there was a big dad. And I loved him. THE END!"

She just melts my heart. :)

And my son, his bedtime prayer tonight was pretty cool. I was a bit dense and didn't quite get it at first.

"Dear Heavenly Father, I want to thank God for God. Amen."

What could we possibly be more thankful for than for God being there in the first place?

I have a lot to learn from my kids, that is for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are amazing. That is so cute. Max just melts my heart too, nothing in the world is better than family. What cute kids, and what amazing things you are teaching them. When you look at kids, how can you not be thankful for God. They are truly a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids continue to teach us, don't they! I think that's why the Lord asks us to "be as little children". Your kids are so cute Joe! You can tell you are teaching them as well and that you love them. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete